Data Dependent Day, a Week Away
I always like to look at the data the FED has to work with in their meetings, especially now that we have a FED that is data dependent rather than one that is made up of economists with big picture views. If the markets stay around current areas through a week from now, they will be looking at:
- stock market values around the world above where they were the day before the last meeting..
- The T-Bond market substantially above where it was the before the last meeting..
- the dollar below where it was before the last meeting..
- crude oil above where it was before the last meeting..
- Gold price above where it was before the last meeting..
The indicators that would point to a rate rise would then be:
- Stocks prices..
- oil prices..
- the value of the dollar..
- gold prices..
The indicators that would point to a hold tight would then be:
- T-Bond prices..
Four to one, for a rate hike.